My Blog List

Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Let the Flames Begin"

so last night at youth (5/01/10) we had one amazing service. the alter call was powerful. people were at the alters for like an hour and a half if not more. wowza. people were crying and calling out to God. the Spirit of God was so thick it was impossible to NOT feel it. even if you didnt want to feel it, you did. it was overwhelming. i have been praying for another night like the one in Brighton (posted a few below). i have been begging God to let His rain fall on the youth like it did that night in Brighton. and He did. while we didnt have a prophetic word, thats okay because the anointing made up for it. words cannot describe the feeling i had last night, or that night in
Brighton. last night reminded me of my first year of camp. i was 12 going into the 7th grade. it was the last night of camp. darin caroll was the speaker and his words changed my life. i gave my life to Jesus that friday night. i sat there and cried my eyes out. i bawled. last night was the first time ive cried like that since that night at camp. again, the feeling is not something i can explain other than simply saying that its the best feeling ever. i dont like to cry, but it feels good sometimes, especially at times when God is dealing with me and when im crying out to Him. it reminds me that He is with me and that He does hear me. i guess it kind of reminds me that He feels my pain too. so ive come to the conclusion that last night was a sign from God without a doubt. i feel like He was telling us that we need to get ready for Him. we need to get ready for what Hes going to do in us as a youth, a church, and as a person. we need to prepare for the things Hes going to pour out on us on these last days. God is preparing us for something huge, mainly the youth i think. He is getting us ready for war. not just a war with the world, but a war with the devil. it felt like last night, He was humbling all of us because if we arent humble and willing to give up everything, then He wont use us or work through us. all i could think about last night was Brighton, my first camp, and the outro to the song "Let the Flames Begin" in the outro, she sings "Father, oh Father, oh Father. Father, well are You ready? Wont You let it begin? Cause i am here now, i want to dance in the mighty palm of Your hand!" and last night, He really did let it begin. i feel as though i can take anything the devil throws at me. but, i wont get a big head about anything. i will continue to rely on God because He alone is my strength and without Him, i am nothing, nor do i have or own anything. I want God to use me in any way possible. i am willing to give it all up. i am ready for the war ahead. i am ready for the road God has for me. are you ready for the road God has for you? are you willing to give it all up? i hope so, if not. GET READY NOW. listen to the song "let the flames begin"

No comments:

Post a Comment